FOREST SAVERS® LLC
Advantages of the Forest Savers Brush Cutting and Mulching System
Over Other Mechanized Systems
These advantages lead to higher quality, more cost efficient jobs.
• Can lead into rough, rocky ground with brush rake and tractor wheels• Can push rocks, logs and debris out of the way ahead of the mower
• Can sweep up and pile brush, debris and logs
• Can be used to dislodge rocks and uproot small trees
• Can clean wire out of fence lines. Wire fences can cause terrible wind ups and delays with most other machines.
• Can push or pull brush out of rough or confined areas into spaces where it can be easily mulched
• Can easily rake a site clean with rake automatically following ground contours while simultaneously mulching in reverse
• Uses power and fuel far more efficiently than hydraulic powered, front mounted or excavator mounted mowers
• Floating log or brush forks can be attached or detached from the debris rake in less than two minutes
• In 15 to 20 minutes the mower/mulcher can be detached and replaced with a winch for use in woodland thinning or tree removals
• The tractor, even with the added belly pan, has much better clearance than a skid-steer carrier
• The tractor mounted system operates much more smoothly over rough ground and does not bounce and bob like skid-steer carriers
• The turning action of the tractor causes much less ground disturbance than a skid-steer
• The standard, 4wd Kubota tractor with loader is approximately half the purchase cost of a skid-steer and has a larger resale market
• The rear mounted mower with the unique float system automatically follows the ground contours far better than a front or excavator mounted mower
• The float system minimizes damage from impact with rocks
• Since the float system can be set so the heavy mower rides lightly over the ground, the weight is transferred into added rear wheel traction
• Floating the heavy mower rather than dragging it allows much more tractor power to be utilized for mowing rather than pulling a heavy mower
• Can work in and around trees far easier than an excavator mounted brush cutter
Disadvantages of the Forest Savers Brush Cutting and Mulching System
Compared to Other Mechanized Systems
• Not quite as well armored as a skid steer loader,
• It works best to back into extremely heavy brush whereas a skid steer drives into very heavy brush,
• An excavator mounted mower/mulcher can generally handle larger, standing trees by mulching from the top down,
• An excavator mounted mower/mulcher can reach down into ditches or up steep banks that may be too severe for the Forest Savers system. The Forest Savers system can work straight up and down very steep slopes, but can not cross very sharp, deep ditches or reach over guardrails.
• A tracked machine can work on wetter, softer ground, but is higher maintenance and can cause more disturbance when turning on drier ground.
United States & Canada:
796 Wayside Road Ext.
Woodstock, VT 05091